From Truchas TU We did it!!

tubase at cybermesa.com tubase at cybermesa.com
Thu Jun 22 13:06:05 MDT 2006

If you were able to call Congresswoman Wilson's office yesterday, thank you
very much.

Today, Wilson signed on as a co-sponsor to the the Valle Vidal Protection Act,
introduced by Congressman Tom Udall last September.  The bill was passed out
of the Resources Committee by unanimous consent today and heads to the house
floor.

I'll be optimistic here and say that once (not if) it passes the full house we
will need to convince Senator Domenici to support it on the senate side.  That
won't be easy, but I really believe we have the facts, logic, and momentum on
our side.

Again, thank you for your calls.