[Oxford63] K-O Bulletin: Deadline 8/15/03

Betsy Cadbury betsycadbury at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 18:05:17 MDT 2003

Hi, Sue... Quick reply, as I have to drive my parents to Philadelphia tomorrow for a 4-day trip to visit relatives.  The only thing that is "new" is that I am going back to teaching, starting on Aug. 18th, at my college (the Cegep de Saint-Hyacinthe) near Montreal.  I'll be giving two different English communications courses - full time.  I'm excited about it because I love teaching, but apprehensive at the same time, because I have been on this extended 3-year sabbatical/honeymoon and the course plans have all changed since I've been away.  It will be a challenge, to say the least!  I'll have to integrate a whole lot of software because we have a new multimedia lab, which I still don't know how to use!  Art (my husband) will be doing the commuting between Pittsfield and my home in St-Basile for the forseeable future.  I plan to teach for at least two years, as I can't retire without a penalty clause until I'm 60.

Summer has been fantastic - gardening and swimming daily in Pittsfield, and a 90th birthday celebration for my Dad at a family compound in South China, Maine, for which my sister Peggy and her husband and 3 kids came east from San Francisco.  I wrote a musical based on "The Wizard of Oz", and the whole family took part.  Quality family time.  Hope you have had a good summer as well.  I'm still savoring the memories of that incredible reunion!  I sent a CD with some good photos on it to Jane so she could post it for our whole class - guess she's been busy, but I'm sure she'll get it up one of these days.  Love, Betsy

MVSPS at aol.com wrote:
Hello all -

We have been quiet of late . . . summer is a time of too much to do in too little time!
Plus the weather in the NE has not been condicive to do much of anything.

Would like to submit something for our class by 8/15 for the Fall Bulletin - should have written this earlier, but have been incredibly busy and my computer decided it did not want to communicate! If not one thing, 'tis another!

Do send new news since our incredible reunion. Have saved all the pics from Lelly and Anne, so I hope that something is printed.

Take a moment, collect your thoughts and send the news!

Thanks to you all, one totally incroyable class, the Class of '63 -

oxford63 mailing list
oxford63 at cyber-community.com