From Truchas TU ANNUAL BANQUET SET FOR MARCH 4th

Truchas TU gratz4 at cybermesa.com
Tue Jan 24 18:33:42 MST 2006

Here is a quick heads up on our Annual Banquet set for March 4th.  Additional
details on all the raffle items and other events we are working on in
conjunction with that weekend will come out in our newsletter and future
emails.  Thank you:

International fly fishing author and fly casting expert Ed Jaworowski will be
our featured guest speaker at the Truchas Chapter Annual Banquet at the Hilton
Hotel in Santa Fe on March 4th .  Ed is the author of numerous books including
THE CAST (1992), TROUBLE SHOOTING THE CAST (1999), POP FLEYES (1999) and he
was an editorial consultant and contributing author to THE COMPLETE BOOK OF
FLY FISHING.  Ed has also been a free-lance magazine writer and photographer
with over 200 articles published in more than 20 periodicals including  Fly
Fisherman, Salt Water Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing in Salt Waters, American
Angler, Fly Tyer, Mid-Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide, Lefty’s World, Pescare M&S
(Italy) and Fly Fisherman Japan (Japan)

	Ed plans to talk about “The Education of a Fly Fisher,” an entertaining,
humorous, and sometimes irreverent look at the stages most anglers go through,
from kindergarten to the post-graduate level. This colorful slide show will be
a tongue-in-cheek approach to some of the idiosyncrasies of our sport,
starting with a look at “Where You Can Take Your Sport” (often to excess with
tackle collecting, books, entomology, fly tying, and the like), followed by a
look at “Where the Sport Can Take You” that will survey some of the many faces
of fly fishing --- the people, places and experiences --- that make fly
fishing such a unique and memorable endeavor.   Ed’s talk promises to be an
amusing and entertaining evening, not highly technical and certainly suited to
a wide range of listeners.

The evening begins at 6:00pm with cocktails and a cash bar.  The silent
auction items will be available for bid at that time and dinner will be served
promptly at 7:00pm.  We hope you will set aside the date of Saturday, March
4th and join us for a great day and evening with Ed Jaworowski with dinner,
prizes, good company and great conversation.   Hope to see you there!

Truchas TU