From Truchas TU March 4th Events Reminder

David Gratson gratz4 at cybermesa.com
Fri Feb 24 14:19:23 MST 2006

This is a reminder of our Annual Banquet next Saturday, March 4th at the
Hilton in Santa Fe.  If you want to join us we need to know ASAP.  Cocktails
begin at 6pm and Dinner at 7pm.  The speaker will be Ed Jaworowski and he
will discuss "The Education of a Fly Fisher."

Also, earlier that day we will have a Chalk Talk with Ed and there are still
a few spaces left.  The Chalk Talk with Ed is a unique chance to participate
in a
very informative "Chalk Talk" and Lunch with our guest speaker Ed
Jaworowski.  Ed is the author of THE CAST (Stackpole Books 1992),
photographs and foreword
by Lefty Kreh;  PA Outdoor Writers Assn. "Best Book" and publisher's design
awards; TROUBLESHOOTING THE CAST;  POP FLEYES and was a contributing author
to THE COMPLETE BOOK OF FLY FISHING.  Ed's more than 200 articles have
appeared in over 20 different periodicals around the world including Fly
Fisherman,
Salt Water Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing in Salt Waters, American Angler, and Fly
Tyer Magazine just to name a few.  For the nominal fee of $30.00 per person,
we are going to offer those who want to attend a complete buffet luncheon
hosted at the Clubhouse at Las Campanas, Santa Fe's premier golf club and
resort.  Here, Ed will discuss in "chalk board fashion" the basic mechanics
and techniques essential to mastering the art of casting a fly.  This is a
rare opportunity to learn firsthand the
inside secrets of success from one of fly fishing's great casting Masters.
Each member will also receive a copy of Ed's book THE CAST which he will
more
than gladly autograph if you like.  Then after lunch, Ed will lead the group
out to the pond at the 18th hole (weather permitting) or to the fairway just
off the Clubhouse, to demonstrate the principles of his "Chalk Talk" and
provide hands-on instructions and tips for those who want to try out what
they've learned.  Bring a fly rod and reel set up and dress appropriately.
The event will begin at 12:30pm on Saturday, March 4, 2006 in a private room
at the Clubhouse at Las Campanas.  We should go until 3:30 or 4:00pm
depending on member interest to allow everyone time to get ready for the
Banquet.
All those who want to attend should call me or email me to make your
reservations.

Again, space and time is limited so don't delay.  So please Contact Bob
O'Connor at (505)
603-0797 or  <mailto:Roboconnor at aol.com> Roboconnor at aol.com to hold your
place at the table.