[Oxford63] Hope everyone is OK.

Judy Powers judyapowers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 19:19:14 MDT 2020

This is a great idea and thanks to those of you pulling us together.   I
use Zoom for a couple of regular committee meetings and our church is
meeting virtually for service, coffee hour, weekly visit with minister.
 I'll keep my intention on meeting you all at noon EST on Saturday.   What
actually happens, TBD!

 My wife, Nancy Hanrahan, and I have been comfortable in Rockport, Maine
for 3 weeks.   This is where I've been for about half of each week for the
past year and a half, overseeing the construction of our retirement
residence.   Our new home is across the laneway from where we used to live
and which our daughter, Lindsay, bought 6 years ago.  Construction, in its
final stages, has slowed as only one contractor, be it tiler, carpenter,
electrician, painter or plumber, will be working at a time on their last
details.   We are currently residents in the apartment half of Lindsay's,
sharing lots of activities such as meals, children's (3) lessons, hikes,
cooking, indoor and outdoor games, much reading aloud, music, dancing
...on.and on.   Lindsay does the shopping (won't allow us near the
grocery).   Quite an adventure.

Our other daughter, Erika, is daily at work as head of  nursing at the
Philadelphia VA Hospital.   We worry about her safety, though Nancy, as a
nurse herself, knows she will not waiver in her commitment to the
profession.  Her girls are at home with their dad, an attorney, who is
working remotely, and has taken the role of head teacher, chief cook and
and twice daily disinfecter of the doorknobs, kitchen space, and sinks.

Best wishes and positive thoughts for all of you and your beloved  others.
   Judy

--
Judith A. Powers
7 Lambert St.