[Oxford63] Funny story KO connection

Katherine Chappell kate at katechappellartspace.com
Sun Oct 13 14:03:35 MDT 2019

Dear Friends,
I am in Poffabro, Italy (Fruili) north of Venice for an art retreat with artists from Maine, Iceland and Ireland. We are in a remote area near the Dolomite mountains, doing a show and demonstrating printmaking techniques to the local village. Yesterday we did a land art project in a dry creek  bed with a local sculptor.
The Biennale in Venice was very stimulating with lots of dystopian work questioning climate change and our future. Here it seems more hopeful amongst the locals in a serene mountain  stronghold. It feels good to have a break from the madness back home.
Blessings to all.
[image1.jpeg]
My friend from Iceland stands in the middle of our « eye ».
[image2.jpeg]
Sculpture by our friend Emmanuel
[image4.jpeg]
Challina , the dry creek bed where we did our installation, Carnac mountains in background.
Sending you all lots of love,
Kate

Kate Cheney Chappell

P.O. Box 920