[Oxford63] Buttigieg Garden Party Part I: The Setting

Jane M. Hill jhill at cybermesa.com
Tue Aug 6 21:28:13 MDT 2019

Nanny-Co -

W-a-y too rich for my blood! I down-sized seven years ago, and the
thought of all that stuff and responsibility conjures up nightmares.
Still, it was a beautiful sight, left to younger and more affluent folks.

I confess that when I was younger, I lusted after the latest and
greatest, particularly on the electronics front. Given global warming
and my evolution to senior status on the humanity front (and happy for
the privilege), I find myself less inclined to buy anything. I even
patch jeans to wear on the weekends when walking the arroyo with my dog.
I'm repairing a 20 year-old bookshelf stereo that suits me just fine for
listening to the radio while in the kitchen area. I somehow took the
Story of Stuff <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM> to heart.
Wish we could find a way to recycle plastic to repave roads - or some
other beneficial outcome.

Anyhow, I just hope that the planet survives and serves our
grandchildren well.

*** Jane ***

Cyber Mesa Telecom
Santa Fe Headquarters