[Oxford63] Reunion

Judy Powers judyapowers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:03:01 MDT 2012

Creative thinking at its best, Barbara and Jane.  Thanks.

I do not feel a connection to the current campus either (despite having
been ages 1-4 just around the corner with my dad's Victory Garden on the
fields).   For me, however, our gathering is still about K-O in that if it
were not for Oxford, I would not have you all as this dispersed group
of women who knew me during some very formative years.   Among all the
other things each of us might attribute to Oxford (which, whether we like
it or not is now K-O), having this conversation and, as Barbara says,  the
fortune to have each other at times  of celebration and sadness, is because
we were together then.

That said, it doesn't mean we have to meet on the campus; through the ether
or in Chicago are certainly possibilities.   I would like to make it
possible for the greatest number of us to gather.  And I don't want any of
us to fail to acknowledge, likely financially, where this particular set of
roots to our manybranched tree is.

love to all,
   Judy

--