[Oxford63] exhibition

Judy Powers judyapowers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 17:11:30 MDT 2011

Greetings, all, from the Maine coast  (here, fortunately, being  MUCH cooler
than Philadelphia!) -

I had the pleasure last evening of sitting on a comfortable and beautiful
bench crafted by a Maine artisan while looking at a two panel work,
"Healing the Break," by Kate Cheney Chappell and headset listening to a rich
song, also of that title, inspired by Kate's work, by Maine singer
songwriter Cindy Bullens.  The installation is currently at The Boothbay
Opera House where Nancy and I were for a concert.  A great surprise as I'd
had no idea I would find these two artists, among others, whom I know and
whose work I enjoy, as an inspiring few moments before the concert.  Visit *
paintersplayersandpoets.com* if you're interested in more.

I've been noticing how I periodically reflect on Buena's loss of her
longtime friend, partner, companion, husband: certainly something more and
more of us will encounter in the not too distant future, but I would wish it
not be with such excruciating suddenness.  My experience last night and
reflecting on Rena's work (we've just been reminded of her through this same
great connecting Jane offers us) and not too long-ago loss, lead me to wish
for each of us to be held and sustained by the creativity and beauty all
around us.

Warm (no pun intended of course) thoughts to everyone,
   Judy

--
Judith A. Powers
4337 Larchwood Ave