[Oxford63] Debbie's daughter, Jasmin

Betsy Cadbury betsycadbury at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 13:28:32 MDT 2003

Dear Debbie,

As the mother of a 23-year-old daughter, I am totally devastated by your news. I simply cannot begin to fathom what you are living through right now. As I write, you are sharing in a celebration of Jasmin’s life, in a memorial service, and my thoughts keep turning to you. You and your family are incredibly brave and strong, and I admire your fortitude and your amazing ability to reach out to others at a time when you yourselves are so deeply wounded.

Thank you for sharing your pain and your compassion with our class. The reunion last May has brought all of us closer together, and has been beneficial in so many ways, not the least of which is the fact that we are all there for each other in a way we never were before. Joan expressed it so well – truly your grief is our grief. We are all with you in spirit. Jasmin was a remarkable young woman, and the wonderful web pages you shared with us make it apparent that her life touched many others in a very positive way. I am sorry that I never had the opportunity to meet her.  We share your pride in her accomplishments and in the beauty of her life. We also share your pain and loss, and we will all be here when you need us in the weeks – months – years – to come.

All my sympathy to you and your family.

Love,

Betsy