From Truchas TU: Party December 6th

David Gratson gratz11 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 09:29:55 MST 2008

With Thanksgiving now behind us, we need to give serious attention to our
chapter party and business meeting, December 6th, before the rest of the
holidays swallow up our good intentions.  This stands to be arguably
the most attractive membership event we've ever done this time of year, with
master fly tier and world travelling conservationist Ken Iwamasa showing us
how to tie three of his signature flies in the afternoon and teaching us
more about Colorado fishing and attendant conservation issues after dinner.
There will also be drawings for two custom fly rods, as mentioned in the
newsletter (now posted at www.truchas-tu.org), and important voting on
by-laws changes and board members, so we hope for a great turnout.

Please remember that it is absolutely essential that we have a good idea
of attendance *before* dinner starts, as this is a buffett and we
*must*know how much food to order, so
*please* RSVP to Gary Moran, 505-466-3833 or gemsf at q.com by Wed. Dec 3 to
avoid the chance of having to order from the menu at increased expense.  As
mentioned in the newsletter, those attending the fly tying demo and wishing
to tie along need only reply to me at oldrzif at yahoo.com and I'll send you
the materials list for the three patterns Ken will be demonstrating.  Hope
to see as many of you as possible, so please get your RSVP's in, guests
included!
Thanks,
Arnold Atkins
President, Truchas Chapter TU