From Truchas TU: March 1 Banquet

David Gratson gratz11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:30:53 MST 2008

Just a reminder, our Truchas Chapter Annual Banquet is March 1, 2008.  The
banquet is at the Hilton Santa Fe, with social hour beginning at 6:00 PM and
dinner to follow.  If you haven't received tickets in the mail and would
like to attend please contact Arnold Atkins, our President and Banquet Chair
at 505-466-4375.  Note, we could still use some *bucket raffle donation
items *also*.*

For the banquet we are delighted to have Robert J. Behnke, PhD and Professor
Emeritus of the fisheries department at Colorado State University as our
featured speaker. Bob Behnke has fished and studied fish all over the world,
and has written numerous papers on salmonids and factors affecting them as
well as the regular column, "About Trout" in Trout, our quarterly TU
magazine. In addition to authoring the classic Trout and Salmon of North
America and the recently released About Trout, a compilation of some of his
more salient articles from Trout magazine since 1983, he has provided the
scientific underpinning for other authors, including James Prosek, last
year's speaker, and Robert Smith, author of the classic Native Trout of
North America. Beautifully illustrated by Joseph Tomelleri, these books will
be available for purchase and signing by the author at the banquet and
earlier at The Reel Life and High Desert Angler at 1:00 and 3:00 PM
respectively.

Our grand raffle features three marvelous prizes. First prize is two days
food, lodging, and fishing at Ted Turner's Vermejo Park Ranch. Guide
services are available at winner's expense. Second prize is two days' guided
and outfitted (that means meals and on site transportation included) fishing
at Latir Lakes or nearby Valle Vidal, guided and hosted by Elias Vigil at
the Ute Creek Outfitters lodge at the former Ski Rio development. Third
prize is a day of fishing and a night's lodging at Brazos River Ranch on the
legendary Brazos Meadows, hosted by Rudy Rios. All prizes are for two
people, and dates may be arranged with the hosts.

Banquet tickets are $50 per person, and the first four guests to pledge an
additional $50 may join Dr. Behnke at the head table. In addition to the
grand raffle, we will have our usual silent auction and bucket raffle items,
including additional trips and various items of equipment. We are still
accepting silent auction and* bucket raffle donation items*.

Additional raffle tickets available at door or from Gary Moran, phone (505)
466-3833.

*THANK YOU.*