From Truchas TU: Sportsmen for Responsible Energy Development

David Gratson gratz11 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:17:30 MDT 2008

At our last board meeting, Greg McReynolds gave a presentation on a new
initiative of TU and other conservation organizations called Sportsmen for
Responsible Energy Development.  TU is attempting to get as many hunters and
anglers as possible to sign the Sportsmen's Bill of Rights, which provides
that public lands should remain public and open to fishing and hunting, that
hunters and anglers should have a voice in energy development on public
land, and the like.

_We really need all of our members to log on to the initiative's site and
sign the "Sportsmen's Bill of Rights."  The effectiveness of this effort
will depend on how many anglers and hunters sign on to the Bill of Rights._
 HELP TU GET YOUR VOICE HEARD!!

Here's how to reach the web site:  Go to
http://www.sportsmen4responsibleenergy.org.  Once you reach the site, Click
on "Sign the Sportsmen Bill of Rights," one of the orange-colored boxes on
the left side of the web page.  Then, read the Bill of Rights and, if you
agree with it, click on the blue text at the bottom of the Bill of Rights
that reads "Please join other organizations, businesses, and individuals and
endorse the Sportsmen for Responsible Energy Development Bill of Rights."
 You'll get to a sign-in form to fill out.

If you have any questions, please contact Greg McReynolds, TU's Public Lands
Coordinator for New Mexico, at gmcreynolds at tu.org.

Thanks for helping TU protect our public lands and waters!