From Truchas TU: December 4th Christmas Party

tubase at cybermesa.com tubase at cybermesa.com
Mon Nov 20 12:16:59 MST 2006

Please make plans to attend our annual Christmas Party December 4th, starting
at 6pm at Cowgirls Restaurant in Santa Fe.  Dutch Salmon will be our speaker.

M.H. “Dutch” Salmon is a member of the New Mexico State Game Commission.
He graduated from Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, 1967 with a
B.A. in English. He has been a hunter and fisherman since youth and
especially enjoys stream fishing in the Gila National Forest and hunting
with his coursing hounds, as well as a bit of bird hunting. He became
involved in environmental issues in the early 1980s in attempts to keep
the Gila River as a free-flowing stream. Salmon was the Chairman of the
New Mexico Wilderness Coalition from 1989 to 1995, and is currently on
the Board of the Quivira Coalition and New Mexico Wildlife Federation.
Salmon is a former member of the New Mexico Interstate State Stream
Commission. He has been a free-lance writer, newspaper reporter and
columnist since the 1970s and is the author of five outdoor books and
two novels. Salmon owns High-Lonesome Books. Dutch will talk about
fishing in the Gila, the efforts of the Gila Conservation Coalition to
keep the Gila a free-flowing stream, and the plans of the Interstate
Stream Commission (ISC) to do a major water development on the Gila.

We will also elect our officers for 2007 at this meeting.