From Truchas TU: Valle Vidal Update

Truchas TU gratz4 at cybermesa.com
Fri Aug 18 13:04:16 MDT 2006

Valle Vidal Update

Folks,

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Yesterday, we ran a 1/2 page ad in the GO section of the Albuquerque Journal
thanking our congressional delegation for their support of the Valle Vidal
Protection Act, with the exception of one senator.  The ad also contains a
call to action for our senior senator, Pete Domenici, to step up and help us
protect the Valle Vidal from destructive coalbed methane drilling.  We are
very close to making this happen!

The ad was signed by the New Mexico Council of Trout Unlimited and just about
every other hunting, fishing, horseman's and conservation group in the state.

PLEASE CALL SENATOR DOMENICI'S OFFICE AND ASK HIM TO SUPPORT PASSAGE OF THE
VALLE VIDAL PROTECTION ACT.  If you called his office before, do it again - it
only takes a minute to lodge your opinion.  Believe me when I tell you, your
calls ARE making a difference.

His local numbers are:

Albuquerque:  346-6791
Las Cruces: 526-5475
Roswell:  623-6170
Santa Fe: 988-6511

Now that the legislation has passed the house, we have until the end of the
current session to get it through the senate or we have to start all over
again.  Frankly, I'd rather go fishing!

Thank you for your time and your support.