From Truchas TU CLINIC ON THE RIO – THE HUNT FOR BIG FISH

Truchas TU gratz4 at cybermesa.com
Wed Dec 14 11:32:24 MST 2005

Truchas Members:

CLINIC ON THE RIO – THE HUNT FOR BIG FISH

In the first of what we hope will be a series of upcoming trips, the Truchas
Chapter of Trout Unlimited is sponsoring two one-day fly fishing clinics on
the Rio Grande River that we are calling La Clinica en La Rio Grande  - The
Hunt for Big Fish.

We are going after Pike, that demon of the deep that can go well over 30
inches in length and weigh more than 20 pounds that roams the waters of the
Rio Grande in good numbers especially during the cold winter months.  These
are big fish that require special equipment, special presentation techniques
and a unique set of skills and insights about their behavior and feeding
habits to be successful.  Those who take part will receive hands-on
instruction from Jarrett Sasser and Ed L’Heureux, two of our best known
local anglers and guides who specialize in fishing for pike.  Not only will
it be a day to have fun, but you will also learn all about pike holding
areas, habitat, stream structure, fly patterns and various fly presentation
techniques in the hunt for big fish.

The clinics will occur on January 21st and February 11th.  The cost will be
$100 per member and spots will be reserved for up to 10 Chapter Members on a
first-come, first-served basis.  Each member will receive a copy of the book
PIKE ON THE FLY by Barry Reynolds and John Berryman, a pike fly and pike
leader rig as well as a catered hot meal as part of the package.  The hard
costs of the trip will be covered by a portion of each fee with the balance
considered a tax deductible donation to Trout Unlimited by the Chapter.

This is an exciting opportunity to get out and fish, meet new friends and
learn more about what our cold water fisheries in New Mexico have to offer.

Contact Bob O’Connor to reserve your spot at (505) 603-0797 or
Roboconnor at aol.com. Do not reply to this email to reserve your spot, please
contact Bob!

Thank you!