[Oxford63] Fw: Wellesley Fudge Cake

Mary Hickok mhickok1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 29 11:41:29 MDT 2021

Hi—seems my email from yesterday did not go thru….please see below.  ❤️

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

Begin forwarded message:

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 3:57 PM, Mary Hickok <mhickok1 at verizon.net> wrote:

Hi everyone….happy almost October!  I made a Wellesley Fudge cake to help celebrate the retirement of a good friend, also a Wellesley grad, as was Courtney, of course.  I miss Courtney, and Primo.

The old fashioned square fudge cake developed during the early 1900s when sweets were seriously limited for Wellesley students.  They made fudge in their dorms.  My grandmother graduated from Wellesley in 1903.  I am fortunate enough to have some memorabilia which she saved from her senior week.  At that time there was a senior week play.  My grandmother was Robin Hood that year.  I put a scrap book together and donated it to Wellesley last spring.

I do hope all of you are well and have managed to avoid Covid.  I will set up a zoom call later in October.  I am going to New England for a week, over Columbus Day, and am going to see Leslie McKnight.  Love, Bonnie

Sent from my iPad