[Oxford63] Addresses Galore!

Jane M. Hill jhill at cybermesa.com
Sat Jun 6 14:58:20 MDT 2020

Classmates -

Good to see those of you that could make it. Here are the two lists on
the website:

             Email Addresses
http://www.cyber-community.com/Oxford/ClassList.html
             Snail Mail Addresses
http://www.cyber-community.com/Oxford/PhoneList.html

What's intriguing is that while the info is on the Web, there are no
links to the site. We have the information, but there is no way for
anyone else to know it's there.

This is a request for updates! If your address has changed, or if you
know of someone else that has a new phone, address or email, please let
me know, and I'll revise the information.

In these heavy times, thought I would send you a glimpse of Athena, my
tortoise. She is happily ensconced in the front walled area, but about
six weeks ago it was too cold to let her stay out overnight.

--------------------

The winter temperatures in Santa Fe are a bit too cold to let Athena
hibernate. Therefore, she spends the winter in the house. Come mid-May,
the evenings are warm enough that she can enjoy some blissful months in
the walled, front garden. For now, however, the evenings are still too
cold to let her loose. A couple weeks ago the daytime temperature hit
70, and I took her out for the afternoon. More recently, we have had
some more warm days. The problem is that I need to be able to retrieve
her in the evening when the temperature drops. Given my poor vision and
her natural camouflage, she is impossible to locate. My solution is a
"tortoise tracker".

Here's Athena a couple weeks ago enjoying her first dandelion of 2020:

Then there's the tortoise tracker:

Tortoise tracker at work:

--

*** Jane ***