[Oxford63] Quilt Exhibit in west Hartford

Barbara brucket at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 10:28:20 MDT 2019

 The Jewish community center on Bloomfield Ave in West Hartford is having an exhibit June 30 -Aug 30 called The Immigrant: The Immigrant Experience through the eyes of quilters. I have a piece in the show based on my father. As some of you know, he immigrated to Hartford when he was six years old from a small town in Austria. Think Fiddler on the Roof! My small piece is a tribute to him and a thank you to the Hartford community who gave him a chance to succeed. Had that not happened I would never have had the opportunities I had including attending Oxford.
I was hoping to come for the opening but they switched it to June 30 and I have a commitment here in Atlanta. It looks like a good show and might be a fun way to spend  a hot summer day. There are 24 pieces and from all over the world. If anyone does go, please let me know how it isI hope this finds everyone well and enjoying the summer.Barbara

Barbara Rucket
Brucket at aol.com