[Oxford63] Buttigieg Garden Party Part I: The Setting

Jane M. Hill jhill at cybermesa.com
Sun Aug 4 22:01:28 MDT 2019

Dimitri and I went to a brunch for "Mayor Pete" at a pretty fancy house
on Old Pecos Trail. As it turns out, many moons ago the house belonged
to Bill Mauldin, and Otis and I went there a few times. The current
owners are a gay couple (lawyer plus doctor) with three kids. They have
expanded the house and the gardens beyond recognition - but it's
gorgeous. You can view the house on Zillow:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1110-Old-Santa-Fe-Trl-Santa-Fe-NM-87505/6828037_zpid/?

There were about 150 guests for the brunch this morning. I don't think I
knew any of them, but we chatted with a few. The weather was perfect.
Brunch was served as hors d'ouevres, but they were very tasty breakfast
fare. Dimitri was the youngest attendee at the ripe old age or 12.
Someone had a small baby, but I don't think that counts. One guy asked
Dimitri if he was Mayor Pete. I pointed out that Dimitri was at least
young enough! Another old gal we chatted with said that she had never
felt this way about a candidate since JFK.

So, to set the scene, here are some photos:

Koi Pond

Real grass

Livingroom

Guests and server