[Oxford63] oxford reunion

oxford63 at mailman.cyber-community.com oxford63 at mailman.cyber-community.com
Mon Jun 4 13:28:49 MDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

So sorry I can’t join the fun this weekend. I have to attend a big fundraiser for an organization I head. But I have an idea for our next gathering. When I moved last year, I found a cookbook (actually a collection of recipes on large index cards held together with a big ring binder) put together by our Oxford teachers (It must have been a fundraiser). How about a dinner party  that features some of these old recipes? A way to remember our steadfast faculty and think about Women’s History through Food. Here are a few examples – Nostalgic Pie by Verna Carlisle (Perfect for a reunion!), Toad -in-the-Hole by Jane Wright, Tomatoes Farcies – Simone LeFaivre, and My Sister Ann’s Gingerbread by Ellen K. Wuori (Do you think Miss Wuori really did have a sister Anna?)  Just an idea.

Hope you all have a wonderful time! Will look forward to stories and pictures.

xoxo Sharon (FitzGerald Carey)