[Oxford63] Jackie Kennedy Onassis

Betsy Cadbury betsycadbury at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 22:55:32 MDT 2011

Thanks for sharing, Jane!  Who can forget Miss Jarrell's class:  every time I think of the word "metaphor", I hear her talking about the "wine-dark sea"!  I also saw only part of the Jackie Kennedy special, as I had a rehearsal, but I loved the Ithaca poem.  How clever of you to have picked up on it right away, remembered where you had heard it, and sent it along for all of us to enjoy!

Katie, my sister Peggy is here in Pittsfield with me now, doing a pastels workshop in Concord, and we are planning a "sisters" trip out to Monhegan next week - she to paint and I to write.  Will you still be on the island when we are there (from Monday, Sept. 18  to Friday, Sept. 23)?  We'll be staying at the Tribley Cottages, down past Shining Sails.  Perhaps you can join us for lunch or supper?  When is your women artists documentary being aired?  Is there a gallery on the island that is showing your work?  Or just in your own studio?  It was great to have news of you and your children!

My daughter Cate was married last July in Montreal - gorgeous wedding, lovely couple, another step on the long journey!

Hope to see you all in 2013 at our 50th!  Love,  Betsy