[Oxford63] Re: Our reunion

MVSPS at aol.com MVSPS at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 18:43:38 MDT 2008

Hello everyone -

Have been looking forward to our 45th with camera in hand!

Yet, recently, reality has come to the forefront . . . after 4 weeks of
tests at Sloan-Kettering, my younger son, Zach, has been diagnosed with cancer .
. . testicular. The prognosis is great, yet he must undergo weeks of chemo. He
 is such an inspiration, at 27: going to work everyday, shooting on the
weekends:  sporting clays, et al - as he puts it, with every clay pigeon I kill ( a
dead  shot and award winner), I also kill this cancer. And he is also
socializing.  Yes, scared, but going forward with knowledge and head held high.

By virtue of Sloan and many questions asked, he knows what is ahead . . .
hair loss, nausea, fatigue . . .
the great thing is that he has been with his dad, Stewart, every step of  the
way! Such a bonding! And he has been communicating with me and his brother,
Ben.

I have been doing research, so I also knows what is ahead. His chemo starts
the weekend of reunion - by virtue of unknown reactions, I must remain here
for  him. Yes, we are all optimistic. Am now wearing a Livestrong for him, as
are my  entire family and friends, for Zach has the same kind of cancer that
Lance  Armstrong had, yet it has not traveled to the brain . . . the yellow
bracelet is  encouragement for me.

Take lots of pics, ladies, and send them to me . . . yes, shall be in next
K-O News!

Love to you all - Happy 45th - and remember the 60 is the new 50!

Susan

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)