[Oxford63] Hi there

KCpoetry at aol.com KCpoetry at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 07:08:41 MDT 2006

Dear Friends,
I have been on Monhegan Island most of the summer, so am catching up now on
e-mail. This has been a momentous year for Tom and me. The strategic
partnership  forged between Tom's of Maine and Colgate-Palmolive is working out very
well. Colgate is a fine company whose values are"caring, continuous improvement
 and global teamwork."  They are glad to see Tom's of Maine remain in Maine
as a stand alone enterprise with our values, people, and Natural Charter
intact.  Tom and I have really enjoyed working with the folks at Colgate. We have
been  down to New York this summer to run joint training based on our 7
Intentions of  Values-Centered Leadership. I thought of Miss Evans as I used poetry
for exercises I design to get us connected, and Mrs. Jones as I had business
executives from around the world work with clay and art for creativity
training.

On the grandchild front, we now have 7, going on 8! Tom and I attended
baptisms this summer for our first granddaughters: twins Hazel and Ivy  Armentrout
(daughter Sarah's in Lyman, ME) and Eszter Electa Chappell, our first  son
Chris' daughter in Petaluma, CA.
The big art news in Maine this fall is our Maine Year of the Print. We will
be having 25 different shows throughout the state based on printmaking.
Portland  Museum of Art, Bowdoin, Bates, Colby and U of Maine museums are all
involved. I  will be in 3 different shows with my collographs, intaglio prints, and
sculptural paper Earth Envelopes (one was featured in color in Downeast
magazine, August issue.)

I had a great visit from Betsy Cadbury, her husband, and her sister,  Peggy.
They came out to see me on Monhegan, where I have a summer studio.  Peggy is
an artist so we talked shop, and Betsy enjoyed soaking up the island
atmosphere which included a locally organized folk concert. It was so good to  catch
up. Betsy and Peggy's Mom is still going strong, and there have been lots  of
celebrations on Hog Island (near Monhegan), where the Cadbury's have been an
integral part of the Audubon Camp there.

Hope you all are well.
Love,
 Kate

Kate Cheney  Chappell