[Oxford63] Hi there

Judith Whitcomb jwhitcomb at alaska.com
Thu Aug 31 09:58:49 MDT 2006

Susan-
   I'm off to Chicago in the 14th to a meeting and will be having
breakfast with Courtney that morning. We'll email you a photo of the
two of us and see if you can sneak it in to K-O under the line.
  Everything is OK with me so far- still working. Jamie is 20, going to
college here in Anchorage and living in his own apartment. I've been
hearing from him more recently lately since tuition has been due and
books need to be paid for. I do love having him around.
I just got back from a Turkish wedding in southern California with many
of my Turkish AFS family coming over from Turkey for the wedding. Two
weeks ago we put henna on our hands at a traditional prewedding ladies
party (I called it the henna hen party) and it is still there. I was
afraid they wouldn't let me in  the operating room. I saw members of my
Turkish family I haven't seen since 1962 and now they have
grandchildren who were my age when I was there. It was an incredible
weekend.
   I saw Rena last summer and had a quick spontaneous breakfast with her
in Boston. She is as beautiful and intense and caring as always.
   Lots of love to all,
    Judy