Fw: [Oxford63] Private notes prijoan add-on

Joan H Prior prijoan at msn.com
Sun Jun 29 14:14:58 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Joan H Prior
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 1:12 PM
To: Oxford63 at cycber-community.com
Subject: Re: [Oxford63] Private notes prijoan add-on

Courtney has expressed her thoughts in a way which allows for a meaningful dialogue within our cyber-community.

Given that communication is an incredibly complex topic it might be helpful for our cyber-community to begin an on-line dialogue around our communication.  Clearly, there is a difference between "chit-chat" and "life events" (happy or sad)  which bind us in a unique way.  For example - what will we do when one of us is seriously ill or dies ????????   What about when a spouse or partner dies?  Are we to communicate in isolation of each other or does collective support, caring and love make sense at times.

As a wonderful and wise community of women we have the potential to provide support to each other when we are at a point in our lives when, sadly, we will be experiencing increasing losses.

Not to end on a sad note perhaps we might want to think about communication around life events in general because when and if I become a grandmother it's going to be a JOYOUS,& MIRACULOUS OCCASION...........:)  hugs, Joan